As we write in the ad below, the preparation of applications has taken place on an ongoing basis due to the fact that we have needed to appoint a substitute as soon as possible. We have now reached the end of the appointment. The application is thus closed.
Musikcentrum Väst (MCV) is a non-profit member organization and artist agency for professional freelance musicians. We are part of the national organization Musikcentrum Riks.
MCV's mission is to strengthen and promote freely active musicians in Sweden. We do this by providing and creating job opportunities, supporting and developing the skills of musicians and working in cultural policy for better conditions in the industry. All in close collaboration with other organizations and actors in the music industry.
Today, MCV's office consists of four people. It is a stated endeavor at MCV that the composition of employees, elected representatives and other contractors should reflect society.
As our current communicator will take a year off to begin an education, we are now looking for a project manager with communication responsibility for a 1-year temporary position, which may be developed into a permanent position.
The communication service currently includes responsibility for:
- Communication strategic planning and follow-up
- Our website mcv.se - editorial and graphic
- Our social channels - Facebook and Instagram
- Member communication and external communication - mainly via newsletter and an info-email address
- To make and order printed matter
- Participation in trade fairs and expos
Since the position from the autumn will also include responsibility for projects, we are now looking for a person who also has a clear project manager competence in the basics.
In addition to the communication work, the service will also include:
- Design, planning, implementation and follow-up of MCV's current project initiatives. MCV's projects always focus on concert production and / or mediation, but also often contain skills-enhancing elements.
We are looking for you who have:
- A burning interest in live music and musicians' conditions - preferably with a parallel musicianship or musician background
- Relevant experience and education
- Large network of contacts relevant to the assignment
We further believe that you are:
- A good communicator, and you express yourself freely both orally and in writing
- Flexible and self-propelled
- Developers rather than managers
- Social and enjoys building and developing networks
Because the workplace is small, it depends on everyone being helped with the day-to-day tasks. Therefore, in addition to the above, we are curious about which skills you can contribute to MCV.
Terms of employment
A 1-year temporary position (fixed-term employment), which may be developed into a permanent position.
Extent: 80 %
Flexibility: Unregulated working hours
Workplace: MCV has an office at Musikens hus, Djurgårdsgatan 13, Gothenburg
Apply: The application is closed.