MCV is looking for a project manager
Apply no later than 8 Dec.
Musikcentrum Väst (MCV) is a non-profit member organization for and with professional freelance musicians and artists. We are part of the national organization Musikcentrum Riks, which in turn is part of Sweden's thirteen center formations. Read more at www.mcv.se, www.musikcentrumriks.se and www.centrumbildningarna.se.
MCV's mission is to strengthen and promote freely active musicians in Sweden. We do this by arranging and creating job opportunities, supporting and developing the skills of musicians and working in cultural policy for better conditions in the industry. All in close collaboration with other organizations and actors in the music industry.
From 2022, MCV's office consists of three people in addition to this position. There is a pronounced effort at MCV that the composition of employees, elected representatives and other contractors should reflect society.
In the restart after the pandemic, the Music Center has received funding from the Swedish Arts Council for special initiatives in 2022. Therefore, we are now looking for a project manager of 60% until the summer. The service may be extended.
The project manager position includes responsibility for:
- Design, planning, implementation, follow-up and reporting of MCV's current project initiatives. Responsibilities include time planning, content and project finances.
- Projects that focus on musicians' competence development, concert booking and digital communication.
- Oral and written communication with our partners, financiers and music organizers.
- Project communication on our website and in our social channels, Facebook and Instagram.
We are looking for you who have:
- A burning interest in live music and musicians' conditions - preferably with a parallel musicianship or musician background.
- Relevant experience and training in project management.
- Great knowledge in digital communication.
- A network of contacts relevant to the assignment.
We further believe that you are:
- Flexible and self-propelled.
- A careful manager who sees constant development as something necessary and stimulating.
- A good communicator, who is used to communicating with musicians and artists as well as bookers and clients of live music (for both children / young people, adults and the elderly - both publicly funded and private actors).
- Social and enjoys building and developing networks.
Because the workplace is small, it depends on everyone being helped with the day-to-day tasks. Therefore, we are also curious about which skills you can contribute to MCV.
Terms of employment
Fixed-term employment 1 February - 30 June 2022, which may be extended.
Extent: 60 %
Flexibility: Unregulated working hours
Access: February 1 2022
Workplace: MCV: office is located in Musikens hus, Djurgårdsgatan 13, Gothenburg
Apply: Send your CV and a personal letter to email@example.com no later than 8 Dec 2021.